San Fernando Valley Vascular Group
provides dependable, non-invasive testing, to diagnose, evaluate and track serious health conditions of the blood vessels. Such examinations help doctors identify problems in the earliest, most treatable stage of vascular disease, and they often eliminate the need for invasive testing and surgery.
Each of our four locations has a state-of-the-art ultrasound lab and is staffed with a highly trained ultrasound technician, which enables our doctors to obtain immediate test results.
Doctors may order vascular tests for their patients, or patients may request screenings for preventative care. Screenings are often used for people who are at high risk, to monitor their health. Test results help the doctors determine the most appropriate treatment.
Without treatment, damage or blockage related to vascular disease may destroy arteries and veins, leading to possible loss of limbs or even death. Among the causes are aging, smoking, high cholesterol, and diabetes. Non-Invasive Tests:
- Cerebrovascular testing: Includes examination of the carotid arteries and vertebral arteries, which are major blood vessels in the neck that supply oxygen to the brain. High cholesterol may cause silent and progressive plaque formation in these arteries, resulting in strokes.
- Peripheral arterial examinations: Evaluation of arteries in the arms or legs.
- Deep abdominal examinations: Includes testing of arteries in the kidneys, abdomen, and other areas. Patients with uncontrolled hypertension, abdominal aortic aneurysm, or intestinal pain may benefit from these tests.
- Peripheral Venous: Evaluates the condition of veins deep within the body.
- Additional vascular testing includes: varicose veins, thoracic outlet, duplex of AV fistula/graft, port insertion, and digital cold immersion.